Saturday, December 8, 2012

I miss hockey.

:(

Yes. It warranted an emoticon. An emoticon, even. The void between baseball used to be filled with hockey. Now it's watching the Wizards lose, and the weekly Redskins game. Don't get me wrong - I love the NFL. But hockey is sometimes up to four games a week, so it gives a sports' fan nightly entertainment if he is like me and doesn't have an overflowing social life.

I blame the owners. Actually, I blame everyone (including the players), but it's the owners that locked out the players in the beginning so it's ultimately on their heads. This is Bettman's THIRD work stoppage in his tenure.

He is still around why...?

--

At the moment I am watching college hockey on TV because it's better than nothing at all. Maine and Boston U are playing each other. It's 1-0 in the third period. I know none of the players or the teams. I don't know if any of them are good, or even what their records are. Hell, I don't even know their league or their divisions. It's boring as can be, but a poor man will take what he can get.

Therefore, to help get over this I will post a picture of Braden Holtby I took at a recent Hershey Bears game.

HE'D BE THE GOALIE FOR THE CAPITALS RIGHT NOW, DAMN IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment